Read here about a tensegrity researcher whose work is frequently cited in the scholarly literature.
Jingyao Zhang is a tension structure researcher at Nagoya City University specializing in Tensegrity and its Structural Optimization. Tensegrity structures are part of his lab's specialization in Spatial Structures. He also researches Structural Optimization, Earthquake Engineering and Wind Engineering.
Zhang earned his B.A. in the Dept. of Civil Engineering, Zhejiang University, P.R. China, 1997. He was then a research student in the Structural Design Lab., Dept. of Civil Engineering, Tohoku University, Japan, from 2002 to 2003. He then studied with Prof. Ohsaki, earning a Masters in 2005 with his thesis on "Optimization Problem for Design and Maintenance of Forces and Shapes of Tension Structures", and a Dr. Eng. in 2007, Dept. of Architecture & Architectural Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan, Thesis: Structural Morphology and Stability of Tensegrity Structures.
The following is a selction of Zhang's most cited articles :
- 2006: Adaptive force density method for form-finding problem of tensegrity structures by JY. Zhang, M. Ohsaki. International Journal of Solids and Structures 43 (18), 5658-5673
- 2007: Stability conditions for tensegrity structures by JY Zhang, M. Ohsaki. International journal of solids and structures 44 (11), 3875-3886
- 2006: A direct approach to design of geometry and forces of tensegrity systems by JY Zhang, M. Ohsaki, Y. Kanno. International journal of solids and structures 43 (7), 2260-2278
- 2009: Symmetric prismatic tensegrity structures: Part I. Configuration and stability by JY Zhang, SD Guest, M. Ohsaki. International Journal of Solids and Structures 46 (1), 1-14
- 2009: Symmetric prismatic tensegrity structures. Part II: Symmetry-adapted formulations by JY Zhang, SD Guest, M. Ohsaki. International Journal of Solids and Structures 46 (1), 15-30
- 2010: Dihedral ‘star’tensegrity structures by JY Zhang, SD Guest, R. Connelly, M. Ohsaki. International Journal of Solids and Structures 47 (1), 1-9
- 2007: Optimization methods for force and shape design of tensegrity structures by JY Zhang, M. Ohsaki. Proc. 7th World Congresses of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization ...
- 2012: Self-equilibrium and stability of regular truncated tetrahedral tensegrity structures by JY Zhang, M. Ohsaki. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 60 (10), 1757-1770
- 2008: Force design of tensegrity structures by enumeration of vertices of feasible region by M Ohsaki, JY Zhang, Y Ohishi. International Journal of Space Structures 23 (2), 117-125
- 2005: An optimization approach to design of geometry and forces of tensegrities by M Ohsaki, JY Zhang, S Kimura. IAAS 2005, 603-610
- 2012: Multiobjective Hybrid Optimization–Antioptimization for Force Design of Tensegrity Structures by M Ohsaki, J Zhang, I Elishakoff. Journal of Applied Mechanics 79 (2), 021015
- 2006: Form-finding of tensegrity structures subjected to geometrical constraints by JY Zhang, M Ohsaki. International Journal of Space Structures 21 (4), 183-196
Links and ReferencesEdit
Main website http://zhang.aistructure.net/members/professor/
Lab Homepage: http://zhang.aistructure.net/
Google Scholar view: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=x72mw0EAAAAJ&hl=en
 Most cited articles as per Google Scholar October 2014