Use this page to access videos about tensegrity. For a more complete catalog, visit our video channels.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Tensegrity Video Channels
- 3 Tensegrity Lectures
- 4 Miscellaneous Videos On Tensegrity
- 5 Videos in Languages Other Than English
There are many videos on the topic of tensegrity, and no comprehensive list or archive exists.
- Advertisements selling tensegrity models or services. Tensegrity model advertisement
- Anatomy and tensegrity videos. Tensegrity in Anatomy
- Anatomy Trains by Tom Myers, a model of human anatomy that is inspired by tensegrity. Anatomy Trains, tensegrity in the human body
- Biological Cell and tensegrity structure videos. Tensegrity in the Biological Cell
- Bouncing and stressed tensegrities, videos portraying tensegrities undergoind deformation. Structure, Bouncing Tensegrity
- CAD (computer aided design) videos, about utilizing CAD tools to work with tensegrity models. Tensegrity CAD
- Carlos Castenada videos where tensegrity is a brand name for a series of movements and a way of shamanistic thinkingCarlos Castenada
- Computer Rendered Tensegrity videos. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i23bbdd7E2o&list=PL4IGA3iO2R626GzKNQEEwdBx2HU4i2fDD Computer Rendered Tensegrity Model
- Dance, Movement: where tensegrity inspires art. These are not detailed discussions. Tensegrity Dance, Movement: NOT concept
- Dynamic Tensegrity Structures and foldable tensegrity videos. Dynamic Tensegrity Structures
- Exercise and human movement therapy videos that are tagged with the word, "tensegrity" but feature very little tensegrity discussion. Exercise, Stretching, with very little tensegrity discussed
- Foldable Tensegrity videos, related to dynamic structres. Foldable Tensegrity
- Furniture that is structured using tensegrity principles. Videos about Tensegrity Furniture
- Hammocks structured using tensegrity principles. Videos about Tensegrity Hammocks
- How To videos: procedures, tips and step by step instructions on how to make a Tensegrity model. How To Make a Tensegrity
- Kenneth Snelson, videos about or by an inventor of tensegrity. Snelson, inventor of tensegrity
- Lectures on Tensegrity that are among our favorites and are highly informative. BEST Lectures on Tensegrity
- Lectures, presentations, people speaking about tensegrity. About Tensegrity, Talking Heads
- Lighting made with tensegrity structures. Tensegrity Lighting
- Music inspired by tensegrity, or just named tensegrity. Tensegrity Music
- Non-english language videos on the topic of tensegrity. Tensegrity, not in English
- Not about tensegrity as we know it: Videos tagged with the word tensegrity, but in our opinion are not about tensegrity--they use the name, not the concept. NOT Tensegrity--they use the name, not the concepts
- Not safe for work, NSFW - Videos tagged with the word tensegrity, but in our opinion are not about tensegrity--they use the name, not the concept. NSFW - NOT Tensegrity - just the name
- Richard Buckminster Fuller, co-inventor of tensegrity, videos. Fuller, co-inventor of tensegrity
- Robotics videos about tensegrity in the field of robotics. Robotics
- Slide Show presentations on the topic of tensegrity. Tensegrity Structures, Slide Show
- Tensegrity Structures in general. Tensegrity Structures, General
- Tensegrity Structures, Large Scale. Videos about Tensegrity, Large Scale
Tensegrity Video Channels
The following are online video channels devoted to tensegrity.
Tensegrity video channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/tensegritywiki
Generic search link: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tensegrity
Tensegrity video channel: http://vimeo.com/groups/tensegrity/
Generic search link: https://vimeo.com/search?q=tensegrity
The following is an assortment of links to some lectures online. This is a very partial list.
Donald Ingber On Cellular Tensegrity
An excerpt of Donald Ingber's 2005 talk on "The Relevance of Tensegrity Architecture for Biology and Medicine" at the Synergetics Collaborative. He discussed how cell structure is inherently built on the principles of tensegrity.
Levin And Flemons Discuss Biotensegrity
On Levin's page a two part video is hosted: a 2005 conversation between Flemons and Levin.
Tensegrity Structure Class and Slide Show
Omar Al-Hebshi, College of Environmental Design, made a video on a tensegrity class. It includes a slide show. In the middle of the video a 3-strut tensegrity is built with wooden dowels, and is filmed, vibrating.
Miscellaneous Videos On Tensegrity
Video of Audrey I Assembly By Snelson
This computer animation is not operationally helpful, but does express the enigmatic magic of thick, heavy dowels suspended by thin, barely perceptible wires. It is Snelson's tensegrity sculpture "Audrey I" assembling itself, as animated by Kenneth Snelson & Jon Monaghan.
Video of a Balloon Expanding Inside a Tensegrity
The nucleated tensegrity is an important subject: here, a balloon inflates inside a tensegrity. From the video: "This experiment is meant to demonstrate a basic tensegrity model where a balloon is inflated and deflated to augment and diminish the rigidity of the structure."
Interview with McDonough Manipulating a Tensegrity
Another nucleated tensegrity: given by Thomas Zung to William McDonough. He manipulates it here:
Tetrahedral to Icosahedral Conformance Transformations
dwyllie illustrates the transformation of a tetrahedron into a icosahedron
A related transformation: the tetrahedron is manipulated, through the icosahedron phase, to its own dual, what Fuller called the "negative tetrahedron".
Salzburg University of Applied Sciences students posted this odd video. They erected a 2x3 strut tensegrity mast with explosives prepared on two of the struts. The explosives fire and the structure collapses. An unusual illustration of the holistic nature of tensegrity, where every part depends on every other part. The video features the same explosion in Normal, slow-motion, then Super-slowmotion.
Tensegrities That Conform With Traditional Polyhedra
dwyllie posted a computer animation showing construction of three tensegrities: the truncated tetrahedron, cube and octahedron. I do not find this video very helpful, as the tension elements are static and have no physics enabled--they cannot be strummed, or lie slack, as we see in other, finer animations.
Videos in Languages Other Than English
How To Make a Tensegrity (Japanese)
A basic video with instructions in Japanese. The website is at [] The video: